In partnership with the BlueGreen Alliance, the USW is gearing up to Put Breast Cancer Out of Work to:
- Talk about the role of chemicals in breast cancer and other chronic diseases;
- Build coalitions with other unions, environmentalists and women’s health groups to raise public awareness of the role of chemicals in breast cancer;
- Work for new policies that regulate chemicals using examples of what cities, states and leading companies are doing; and
- Equip workers and their employers to join the do-it-yourself safer chemicals effort to prevent harmful exposures that lead to disease.
The Steelworkers has issued a hazard alert and together with the BlueGreen Alliance created a new Rosie the Riveter-themed logo.
- USW/BGA Putting Breast Cancer Out of Work as a brochure and with footnotes.
- HAZARD ALERT and Prioritizing Prevention excerpts.